Top 100 Crypto Memes To Make You Laugh
memes have become ubiquitous on social media. they have become the best ways to spread information, be it news, opinions or hilarious comments. many of the memes are related to what is happening in the world of cryptography and blockchain technology.
100 of the best crypto memes:
crypto attack 2022
The crypto crash at the end of January this year started as a small wobble that spooked crypto traders. unfortunately, it turned into a total meltdown. almost halfway through the year and many have yet to recover. this has spawned countless memes expressing both devastation and optimism.
Reading: Funny bitcoin meme
1. 911, I’m dying!
2. no coins, no home.
3. winners among losers: the drop opens opportunities for others to finally invest in btc.
What was once a simple misspelling of “hold” has become an acronym for “hold on for dear life”. With this year’s downturn, crypto traders and enthusiasts are being goaded to hodl. the memes are still rolling to keep them hanging on despite falling prices.
4. “trust me, I’ve been there. hodl,” say survivors of the 2013 and 2017 crypto crashes.
5. hodl on the moon. make time pass faster than it seems. book that spacex seat and spend time on the moon.
6. When everything seems impossible, just hang on.
7. even in the face of disaster, hodl! even keanu knows that much.
why do you need hodl
Still not convinced to continue investing? these memes might make you think again before you sell them.
8. the biggest regret of your crypto life
9. the biggest regret of your entire life
In the hierarchy of crypto supremacy, the hodlers reign over all beings. don’t settle for being a trader, miner or altcoiner. be a hodler!
10. hodlers stay on top of the crypto pyramid.
ethereum gas rise
Silly memes have highlighted how outrageous ethereum gas fees are. Because it runs on proof of work, a consensus protocol, the entire network can handle only a limited number of transactions in a given period. with nfts added, the eth is experiencing a looming fuel crisis. Do you want to know how surprisingly high the fees are? take a look at these memes.
11. It costs everything.
12. the same, the same. my wallet and the ethereum logo—exactly the same when it comes to gasoline.
13. are you still sure you want to pay cryptos at mcdonald’s?
Eth gas prices may be through the roof, but there is still something to look forward to: the upgrade to ethereum 2.0. the network is adding 64 shards or new chains to allow the system to process thousands of transactions per second. this will surely make eth minting more affordable, secure and scalable. however, the release continues to be delayed, prompting a sarcastic meme about the release date.
14. eth 2.0 soon, yes, quite, very soon
15. eth 2.0 is finally released. . . decades from now
ethereum is still king
Even with the high transaction fees, eth still rules the crypto world. Every now and then, we hear of a new one boasting of being the next ethereum killer. but nothing has dethroned eth yet.
16. So-called ethics killers are no match for real ethics
real men own ethics
Generation X and older millennials are among the biggest investors in cryptocurrencies. no wonder they expect the next generation to do the same.
17. real men possess eth
Governments banning crypto mining and trading is not exactly breaking news, but it seems more states are interested in enforcing or regulating crypto activities. the question is, how would they successfully implement such bans?
18. Governments cannot stop cryptocurrencies.
19. Does the government ban bitcoin? No! highly unlikely.
tax on cryptocurrencies
Earlier this year, India’s Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman announced the imposition of taxes on crypto assets. other countries are likely to follow suit once cryptocurrencies are accepted as legal tender. cryptocurrency users are naturally not very happy about this and have social media awash with memes on the subject.
20. oh, the irony!
21. not very interested in paying taxes at 30%
22. It’s not as easy as it seems
will smith enters the world of cryptocurrencies
The world of cryptocurrencies did not miss the incident of the slap between will smith and chris rock. the image has been receiving its share of memes related to the crypto space. some find it off-putting, but others still find it amusing.
When it was first launched in 2013, dogecoin did not receive much attention, even if it was the first meme coin in the crypto space. in fact, it was practically stagnant for several years. that is, until elon musk tweeted about it in 2020.
25. It’s not as strong as eth and btc, is it?
26. just a figment of your imagination
27. Dogecoin is worth saving.
28. dogecoin, huh? Hmm . . .
elon musk tweets
Tesla CEO Elon Musk has been wreaking havoc in the crypto space. well, not everything he does causes chaos, but his tweets create some pretty chaotic changes in the cryptocurrency trading scene. Remember how the price of dogecoin skyrocketed after his tweet last year? that gives you an idea of its impact in the world of cryptocurrencies. Also worth noting is the new meme coin based on his dog, Baby Floki. his value increases every time elon tweets about his dog. It’s also deflationary, so the more people use it, the higher its value.
29. elon musk gives everyone a warm welcome after the big dogecoin deal
– elon musk (@elonmusk) February 4, 2021
30. From nothing to super alternative in a single tweet!
31. there is no escaping musk’s tweets.
What started as a joke in the crypto world has become one of the top performing coins this year. The shib, the dog meme’s second currency, has risen in value faster than most other currencies. when something so unexpected happens, expect the memes to come out.
32. Who set the dogs free?
the extremely volatile market
We all know that the blockchain is still in its infancy and the cryptocurrency market is extremely volatile. but new minters can get a little carried away. here are some classic memes that remind everyone that it still pays to be cautious.
33. disappeared in the blink of an eye
not a get rich quick scheme
Because cryptocurrency enthusiasts can be overzealous when talking about their cryptocurrency wallets, new minters can have pretty high expectations. most of the time, this leads to a big disappointment after your investments.
See also: Intel Ships Blockscale ASIC Chips To Selected Bitcoin Mining Companies
34. Is this a scam? show me the money!
35. when seconds seem like an eternity. . .
You got lucky!
While most have to wait and hold on to profit, there are some lucky ones who succeed early on. Wouldn’t you like to have all his luck?
36. Hell yeah!
expectation versus reality
Crypto memes wouldn’t be complete without the classic expectation versus reality posts. here are two classics that still have us nodding in agreement.
37. hmm. . . what’s wrong with this image?
38. to the moon, or not
before and after
39. married to cryptos
40. You will never be the same again, ever.
The bitconnect scam happened in 2017, but the memes about it are still legendary. from time to time, you see them appear here and there to remind minters to beware of similar schemes. Most of these memes feature Carlos Matos, an investor who enthusiastically testified for him at the first annual BitConnect ceremony. this coin is among the cryptocurrencies that went from less than a dollar to hundreds of dollars. Unfortunately, it turned out to be the biggest scam in the world of cryptocurrencies.
stocks vs. cryptocurrencies vs. gold
the debate continues. Which investment produces the highest returns? which is the best for the long term? which is the most volatile? we have some memes that let you see how these assets stack up against each other.
43. Are you sure that cryptocurrencies are better than stocks?
44. Do you know someone who got rich buying NFTs? Apparently offshore NFT flippers are making more money than fancy fund managers on Wall Street.
45. When American stock trader Peter Schiff insisted that gold outranks bitcoin as an asset, he became a familiar figure in crypto memes. Every time bitcoin outperforms gold, you will surely see its face splashed online.
Bitcoin on life support
with the rebound after the crash still uncertain, bitcoin looks like a bubble waiting to be popped. some bitcoiners are in a panic; some holding on for dear life; and others are on life support. Despite the uncertainties, everyone is finding fun ways to keep their sanity and their wallets intact.
46. Fortunately, the crypto isn’t on a real ship. otherwise, it would have sunk to the bottom by now, along with all the coins.
47. keep it steady. . .
Crypto Meme Sunday! post the best you can! #cryptomemes pic.twitter.com/ogt6vgeyan
— will gikandi (@willgikandi) August 8, 2021
Although many have lost significantly as the value of cryptocurrencies continues to fall, there are those who are looking to profit during the decline. but then, when is the dip, the real dip, and nothing but the dip?
48. a dip within a dip
I’d love to know the dip
Join #coinbounds #cryptomeme #cryptomemes #crypto pic.twitter.com/rzvff0rj3q
— coinbounds (@coinbounds) January 23, 2022
49. Hooray for buying the dip. comforting hugs as the dip keeps dipping and dipping and dipping. . .
50. How do you know what is real and what is not?
51. Well, are you ready for the next dip?
Let the hunger games begin!🧑🍳🍌#cryptoart #cryptoartist #bitcoin #dogecoin #cryptocurrencies #crypto #cryptomemes pic.twitter.com/c9jenma4f2
— nft pudding 🍮 (@nftpudding) October 11, 2021
52. To say that cryptocurrencies are volatile is an understatement.
53. the dip is here: people who are homeless but still buying the dip.
54. Don’t you wish we could go back in time when depression was nowhere in sight?
bitcoin trying to pull all crypto markets out of the crash
Bitcoin has also dropped, but is still trying to pull everyone out of the drop, probably a good reason to stay.
meta and mark z vs. the crypto world
Decades ago, web 3.0 was a mere dream for many crypto geeks and pioneers. now that it is being developed, cryptocurrency enthusiasts are eager to see how it can truly transform the web into a decentralized world. however, they are not very interested in seeing mark zuckerberg and others who may have vested interests leading the transition to the metaverse. his memes speak for themselves.
56. The crypto world wants a truly decentralized global network, not just the same old stuff with the word “meta” attached.
57. Who is really behind web 3.0? please don’t let this be another big scam!
— toni.hodl (@stacking_sats_) December 21, 2021
58. hmm. . . Does something smell like fish?
Are you rich, broke, or unsure of your financial status?
admit it: it’s hard to measure your wealth when it comes to cryptocurrencies. even with a massive crypto portfolio, you cannot claim to be rich.
59. Did you use most of your savings to build a significant cryptocurrency portfolio? I’m sure you can relate to this meme.
60. no money, only cryptocurrencies.
61. Do crypto profits translate into more money? Well, we’re not always so sure either.
62. I guess you thought wrong.
when moon? where lambo?
when moon and where lambo memes appear almost every time there are new crypto projects. these memes subtly express how crypto investors expect a dramatic increase in the value of the coin compared to fiat currency.
63. If you’re a crypto enthusiast, you’ve probably seen this meme several times during the bull market.
64. Can’t wait to drive that lambo after your crypto success?
the stressful life of a coiner
do you think cryptocurrency trading is all fun and games? there’s a lot more to it than just sitting on your jammies and banging on your keyboards. these memes show the hard fall crypto people go through.
See also: Top 20+ julie hassett best, you should know
nft is a pathology. the only way to health is to buy more and more. ho… if i looked at the floor of my favorite gorilla laser eye project… #nft #nftcommunity #nftart #nfts#nftmemes pic.twitter.com/8sfxarv4tm
— nft french lover (@nftfrenchlover) March 18, 2022
66. no. it’s not stressful at all. 😀
67. a year older, but much, much wiser. hopefully.
68. just a normal day in our lives
69. Who needs sleep anyway?
70. Are you sure you know what you’re getting into? are you completely sure?
there are people who want bitcoins but cannot afford them. then there are people who think that bitcoin is a complete scam. they still profess that cryptocurrencies have no real value in real life.
coinless converts who wish they could turn back time
Yesteryear crypto skeptics who have realized huge crypto gains were missed will surely want to turn back time. these memes don’t prompt minters to act now before it’s too late.
72. back to the future, after buying bitcoins
73. why people? why?
74. I told you!
transactions in the world of cryptocurrencies are not always that fast every time. when glitches happen or when the delay seems unusually long, you can’t help but worry and sweat a lot.
reckless purchase of cryptocurrencies
Cryptocurrency enthusiasts are notorious for being reckless when it comes to investing in cryptocurrencies. Although things don’t always go well. As with all investments, the greater the risk, the greater the potential loss.
76. uh-uh. . . don’t get too carried away.
77. hoping to go to the moon. . .
78. maybe you should find a fellow crypto enthusiast – a match made in heaven?
79. Like this, maybe?
80. good. . . maybe a little more than I could
81. Now, don’t overdo it. no, no, no.
getting worse . . . and poorer. . and poorest
well, we all wish that cryptocurrencies were the key to prosperity. Unfortunately, there have been some people who gambled it all away only to lose it all. Manage your expectations. investing in cryptocurrencies, especially if you haven’t done your homework, can cripple your finances.
explaining crypto is like
Cryptocurrency enthusiasts may not realize it, but they can get very excited about explaining the technology and the network to people who are new to them. we have some good memes that show this side of them.
83. not so great, not so great at all
85. With bitcoiners driven by their passion for crypto, it’s no wonder people are afraid to ask.
the wonderful world of cryptocurrencies
The world of cryptocurrencies is a wonderful mix of diverse people. some memes give insight into their colorful lives.
86. Don’t you want to seem greedy? Say you like technology.
87. altcoins take it all.
88. the bitcoiner who is not quite an expert but who takes pompous pride
89. the unwitting crypto expert
life of the cryptocurrency trader
Want to know what goes on in the life of a cryptocurrency trader? take a look at these memes.
91. the secondary job?
92. trade in parallel: I’m going to step on the gas now
uber started driving pretty fast 😳 pic.twitter.com/va9eh7j8v7
— the crypto dog🫐 (@thecryptodog) December 22, 2021
Despite the downturn and uncertainties, many cryptocurrency users remain optimistic. they are hanging in there and maintaining their enthusiasm no matter the circumstances.
93. cold. we have bitcoins.
94. keep a positive attitude even when losing money
95. Where is the fun and excitement!
from time to time
Cryptocurrencies are a generational thing. I have some memes here that show how the crypto generation is different from a long time ago.
nft next generation
Non-fungible tokens are also part of the world of cryptocurrencies. here are a couple of memes for you nft enthusiasts.
— tim copeland (@timccopeland) December 29, 2021
the crypto meme expert
We leave you with one last meme you can share after going through our long list of crypto memes. be proud and share your cryptomeme expert badge!
See also: Coinbase IPO: Heres What You Need To Know – Forbes Advisor